[ale] Fast NFS

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 12 16:59:27 EDT 2004

I would just say he is misguided and needs to stop compiling
code on an embedded system.  Thats what cross compilers
are for.  Also embedded systems should (ideally) have all the
ram they need without falling back to swap.  If he is swaping
(with a 'normal' load) he needs more ram.  Most (I would say
around 90%, but do not quote me on that one, its just from
personal experience) of all embedded linux systems do not
have swap.  If the system was properly profiled it should not
need it anyway and in most cases there is no way to add it
without resorting to using some slower media (like NFS) which
would horribly cripple the system anyway.  My answer would be
stop being cheap and put more ram on the system.

Mike