[ale] $&*@ing gmail

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Sep 9 09:40:34 EDT 2004

James, not everyone reads the wiki or remembers it's there.  No the
invites are not "linux related" except for people who run linux and can
use a mass-traffic account.

Are there 300 emails per day?  not even close.  Should they have an "OT"
at the beginning?  Yes.  Can you just delete any "gmail" emails instead
of reading them?  yes.

This is something a number of people can use, even if not strictly linux
related.  The emails have all been very short so no-one is filling any
mailbox quotas and we're helping each other.  ALE has a good rep for
that and is one of the things I like about it, the helping.

Set up a filter that looks for "gmail" or a case derivative and have
them devnulled.

Robert

Thus spake james at sumners.ath.cx (james at sumners.ath.cx):