[ale] How can I delete this file?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 7 21:42:52 EDT 2004

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Hrm, neither solution seemed to work.  I'm truly stumped on this one.  I
> have no idea what created these files, I think I cat'ed a binary to the
> console or something.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Is there a way I can delete the inode(s) without damaging my filesystem?
>
> -CB
>

> Here's the ls -lb output:
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Aug  1 16:32
> \276?\277@\300A\301B\302\235\270\216\270\235\234\234\216\270\235\234\234

So each '\nnn' is a character replace each with a '?' and see what
happens.  FIRST 'ls' the file to insure it's the only one that will match.

Something like this;

I think that's it, if I counted right.  If it lists it, then replace the
ls with rm.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995