[ale] What's so special about gmail invites?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 7 13:02:48 EDT 2004

Pete Hardie wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> IANALADPOOT, however, new sig for private emails I guess...
>>
>> This email is intended to be private to the person it was sent to.  It
>> is copyrighted and publishing this email in any public forum, or
>> providing it to any other person or organization without my explicit
>> permission is forbidden.
>>

> Here's a question for you - many ISPs offer access to email via a web
> interface, where the incoming email can be accessed.  This obviously
> means that they are serving as more than a store-and-forward
> intermediate MTA.  Would you feel the need to stop sending email to
> those ISPs, since they may well present ads to the viewer reading your
> message(s)?

I don't care what an ISP does with their users.  The user is making the
decision to use the webmail service.  This is totally different.  What
I'm saying is, my email sent to a private individual should not be
subjected to the scrutiny of gmail and the services it provides.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995