Fwd: Fwd: [ale] Miguel de Icaza and Mono?

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Tue Sep 7 11:29:23 EDT 2004

>   So you develop something with Mono that is going to run on
> Windows and
> then M$ suddenly changes a dependent library on the windows
> end.  You're
> pretty much screwed until you figure out the change.

Mono also includes the execution engine, so there's no reason that code that
works today will stop working tomorrow. You can just continue to run your
code on the non-windows OS of your choice. If someone chooses to develop on
Linux, but run on MS or vice versa...then I would question their judgement.

--
Jonathan