[ale] Miguel de Icaza and Mono?

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Sun Sep 5 21:07:21 EDT 2004

> Anyone ever wondered why Miguel would ever devote so much
> time to Mono?

Personally, I look forward to the day when choice of OS is irrelevant.
Miguel's efforts are very important when it comes to that. Honestly, I don't
think MS will stand in the way of that effort. ASP is pretty much a cross
platform technology now, and MS has been fairly cooperative with that effort
despite suggestions that that would never happen just a few short years ago.
Too many customers are jumping ship so MS is learning to play nice. They
could very well revert to their old ways, but the threat of .NET shops
jumping ship for Mono resulting in Mono becoming the defacto standard, will
likely prevent that.

--
Jonathan