[ale] Fry's has the best return policy!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Sep 5 10:09:44 EDT 2004

I've go to share this.  First of all, I've now found out that the lcd
analog monitor I purchased will not work with the computer I purchase,
because of the aforementioned dvd-d connector issue.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Sony trying to find out why
there's no mention of this requirement on the box, documentation or Sony
website for this particular computer.

So, I just got off the phone with Fry's.  They have told me that even
though I've already mailed off the rebate for the monitor (including the
  required cardboard cut off the box) that I can return the monitor for
a full refund, less the rebate.  This is pretty amazing, I don't know of
any other shop that would do this.

I'm headed out today or tomorrow and they have certainly insured the
fact that I'll be buying a digital monitor from them when I return this
one. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995