[ale] vonage service

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Oct 28 12:58:50 EDT 2004

Frank Glass wrote:
> Quoting Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>:
>

>>Has anyone attempted connecting multiple telephones to an ip phone
>>service?  I'm thinking of replacing my current home line with an ip
>>service, but would like to have all the wired phones connected.
>>
>>Anyone have any experience with this?
>
> I'm driving three phones from the Vonage device.  Two of the three are
> externally powered so the ringer equivalence number is practically zero,
> so they don't really count.

I'm pretty sure all my phones are either battery or wall wart.

> One warning regarding Vonage is that I began service September 9 and the
> old telephone number transfer has still not gone through.  They appear to
> have no follow up that is not customer initiated.

Interesting, I had my business line over in a bit over a week.

By the way, lowest cost phone line quote I got from Bellsouth was $18.
I've got to keep that line as that's my dsl connectivity, but converting
it to $18 a month and adding another ip service, I'm still ahead of the
game.

--
Until later, Geoffrey