[ale] Business opportunity...

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Wed Oct 27 10:41:47 EDT 2004

George Carless wrote:
> Deary me.  And if anyone else would like to do all of the real work
> in setting up a money-making enterprise for me, in exchange for a
> percentage of my profits, please do let ME
> know, too... :P
>
> Is your partner an MBA graduate, perchance, Scott?
>
> --George

<snipped from the "Teaching Opportunity" thread>

"I think that this list came across as rather arrogant and overbearing.
Result: another person put off running Linux, and upset by the Linux community."

"In short, I think that some of you have simply succeeded in coming across as rather
immature elitists who would prefer an argument to a constructive effort to actually
move people over to using free software."

"I just wanted to make the point that since advocacy tends
to be part of what we have to do, it's worth giving some attention to the
way in which we come across."

<end snips>

While I agree on your stance in this particular situation, I wondered why you seemed to be taking a different position on jobs offered on the list?

As one of those that pressed Ms. Bell for more information (and clarity) I find this interesting.

--
Preston