[ale] DNS problems with comcast, anyone?

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 26 19:19:04 EDT 2004

Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> I'm having name resolution problems at home, and I was wondering if it was my
> router, or my ISP (Comcast).  Is anyone else having this problem?

Maybe not the same problem you're seeing, but COMCAST's DNS server seems
to be really slow.  Like, by the time their server responds back to my
machine, often it's already timed out and into its second try.  (I glean
this by watching the net traffic through my firewall.)

And, now, as of last weekend actually, COMCAST has no reverse DNS lookup
for my machine.  So ftp.cc.gatech.edu won't let me in.  Grrr.

-Alexander