[ale] ssh - no spoofing check

Joe Sechman joe.sechman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:23:55 EDT 2004

> If I ever reference a host on a ssh command by an alternate name
Interesting...sounds like a DNS/hosts issue - the ~/.ssh/known_hosts
file should contain the same ip of the host[name] you're alternately
specifying, right?

I thought that the MITM attack notification came up if there was a
discrepancy between the server's host key (which should stay the same
in this case, right?) and the contents of ~/.ssh/known_hosts file....?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:44:26 -0400, David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com> wrote:
> If I ever reference a host on a ssh command by an alternate name, it "fails"
> with a message warning about the possibility of a man in the middle attack.
> Is there any way to tell ssh to not pester me about this, or to list several
> hostnames for the same RSA key?
>
> david

Joe Sechman
Unix / Linux Systems Administrator