[ale] OSS Frontpage replacement (was Re: OSS)

Joe Sechman joe.sechman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:14:47 EDT 2004

I haven't found much luck for a <gag> Frontpage </gag> replacement for
Linux - but Dreamweaver may be coming down the pipe soon:

http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5170061.html?tag=st_lh

I've made some valiant attempts a couple years ago to use Wine on my
flash binary with moderate success -  I haven't tried it lately, so it
may be better now....

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:16:23 -0400, Matthew Brown
<matthew.brown at cordata.com> wrote:
>  I've used Quanta (Quanta Plus?) with some success.  Also, there's a project
> called Screem which is moderately mediocre -- as of early 2003.
>  Matthew Brown, CorData Linux Solutions for Small Business o: 770-795-0089
> e: matthew.brown at cordata.com
>

>  Mike Millson wrote:
>
>  Greg wrote: | and I think there is something called Jedit ?? or you could
> even use | Eclipse. JEdit is a text editor, not a WYSIWYG html editor. Don't
> get my wrong, I love JEdit and do lots of web development with it, but it is
> not what you are looking for. I have never used Eclipse but I believe it is
> also just a text editor. Eclipse does not have any special abilities to edit
> html; however, there are many plug-ins for it. There is one called MyEclipse
> Enterprise Workbench that I tried a while back that was ok, but costs
> $29.95/yr. Another called pinEdit, which only works on Windows. Also,
> Mozilla Composer does wysiwyg. Mike

Joe Sechman
Unix / Linux Systems Administrator
RLU: #367555