[ale] OSS Frontpage replacement (was Re: OSS)

Mike Millson mmillson at meritonlinesystems.com
Wed Oct 20 20:22:53 EDT 2004

> Greg wrote:
> | and I think there is something called Jedit ??  or you could even use
> | Eclipse.
>
> JEdit is a text editor, not a WYSIWYG html editor. Don't get my wrong, I
> love JEdit and do lots of web development with it, but it is not what
> you are looking for. I have never used Eclipse but I believe it is also
> just a text editor.

Eclipse does not have any special abilities to edit html; however, there
are many plug-ins for it.

There is one called MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench that I tried a while
back that was ok, but costs $29.95/yr. Another called pinEdit, which
only works on Windows.

Also, Mozilla Composer does wysiwyg.

Mike