[ale] Teaching Opportunity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 20 06:31:24 EDT 2004

Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Geoffrey wrote:

>> I still stand by my assessment of the class though. :)
>
> Before I got burned out on travel and went back to being a full-time
> sysadmin, I worked for several years for a Unix consulting / training
>  company doing training and consulting world-wide. Course outlines
> like this one are not at all unusual. As long as everyone involved
> (especially the client!) knows up front that two days is not enough
> time to cover any meaningful subject thoroughly and the instructor is
> knowledgeable enough to flex to fit the real needs of the client, I'm
> sure it'll work out satisfactorily for the client.

I've done a bit of training, not much.  On the other hand, I've spent
alot of time in training classes.  I for one, have never seen a training
class with an outline such as this.  If in fact, this is the direction
these training organizations are taking, I think it is a mistake.

I can't understand the use of a class that claims to cover all that was
outlined in this thread in 2 days.  At best, it could be a summary of
what is possible with these technologies put together.  So who would
find this useful? But that's not even what was suggested.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995