[ale] Rolling your own terminal emulator

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 06:14:13 EDT 2004

I'm interested in this too. I had posted a message from work yesterday
asking about how to go about creating a new terminal type to put in
the termcap file.

I'm having to hack together something since Rand Mcnally couldn't be
bothered to test their code for compatability when they ported their
milemaker software over to linux from Unix.

So far crt-vt220 is the most compatible, but I really need the
backspace key and the page up and down keys to work.

I'll be monitoring this thread for any bits of info I can glean about
understanding the control codes,etc. for terminals.

thanks,

Van