[ale] Reading Win98 disk from Linux (Slack 9.1)

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Oct 20 00:30:32 EDT 2004

I believe all you need to do is do is "man 8 mount" and read the
section "Mount options for fat", where it mentions the mount options:

     uid=value and gid=value

to cause a different user and group (than root) to be the owner of the file.
The problem is that there is no such data in FAT (or no easy way to map
to Linux).

Bob Toxen (A proud Slackware user!)
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]