[ale] teaching opportunity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 19 16:04:49 EDT 2004

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 15:36, Geoffrey wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Just for the record, the class will be taught on Suse 9.0.
>
> Sometimes the person who is given a task is not given all the details of
> the entire process. As such, ALE came off looking somewhat less than
> friendly with the banter that ensued.

So be it.  Place the blame on the elitist me.  The bottom line is,
either Ms. Bell was not given enough information regarding the request
she made or she could not properly translate that into email.

As far as I'm concerned, the issue has nothing to do with Linux, but
primarily that this organization needs to take a better approach to
recruiting.  I wouldn't work for them and I certainly wouldn't take any
classes from them or recommend them to anyone else.

Strictly from a professional standpoint, the recruiting process could
have been handled a whole lot better.

I still maintain there's no way to cover that material in two days.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995