[ale] Teaching Opportunity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 18 20:39:51 EDT 2004

Lisa Bell wrote:
> Would this be a case of...those who can't do, teach and those who
> can't teach...criticize?  As I mentioned in a clarification posting,
> this course is 99% about the installation of LAMP technologies.

LAMP (LINUX, Apache, MySQL, PHP), I don't see a W (Windows) in there
anywhere.  If you want to teach LAMP, you should do it on the targeted
architecture/OS.  So I question the wisdom (or lack thereof) in using a
Windows environment.

Criticize, yes I think it's ludicrous you would suggest teaching any
portion of LAMP on a Windows OS.  Further, I question the
professionalism and knowledge of a company that would consider doing
this.  I would never take such a course with such an environment, nor
recommend it.

As for 'your' insult, no, I suspect that I could handle both the 'doing'
and the 'teaching.'  Over 20 years of UNIX experience, Linux since 1995.

Why would you teach folks how to install MySQL and PHP on a windows box
when the intent of the training is LAMP (Linux)?

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995