[ale] what open source webmail software do you use?

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Mon Oct 18 16:14:12 EDT 2004

I'm in the process of rolling out Squirrelmail at my 'real job', and use
Horde (Plesk-ized version) for my web hosting company.  I'm choosing
Squirrel Mail because of the plugins available (namely, the antivirus)
and because it seems leaner to me.  I use Horde for my web hosting
company because it seems to offer more visual appeal to my customers
that use it.  One thing to note about them (and in a moment about
Neomail).  Both Horde and Squirrelmail will work with IMAP folders (i.e.
you create a folder in Squirrelmail, then check your mail with
Thunderbird [or some other IMAP client], and it's there).  My experience
with Neomail, and this was a while back, was that it did not.  Any
folders you created in Neomail were just in Neomail.  Maybe things have
changed, but that was one of the reasons I dumped Neomail.  Squirrelmail
used to have a problem with that too, but I'm using it with Dovecot IMAP
and it works great.

--
registered linux user # 73046

Nathan J. Underwood