[ale] Bad routing?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 17 14:22:57 EDT 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 13:51, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Are routes that allow this considered normal?  Basically I am pinging
> 10.10.1.1 across at least 3 providers' networks.

The 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 networks are unregistered Class A addresses, and
should never (NEVER) be advertised out on a public network. Network providers
should have rules that disallow the propagation of 10. networks (as well as
192.168.0.0 and 172.whatever networks).

That's not normal. That's not good. 10. networks should only be used as
internal networks behind a firewall.
BruceG