[ale] proposal: desktop screenshots

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Oct 15 09:30:51 EDT 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 09:11 pm, Jim Philips wrote:
> We just had this big discussion about usability and KDE vs. Gnome. I think
> it would be interesting if people on the list sent screenshots of their
> desktops and explained what they like about them, why they're easy to use,
> etc. Any takers? Or is that an idea better left to a meeting?

Please don't send lots of screenshots to the list.  That would be bad.

Also, check with Charles Shapiro before dropping them on the ALE wiki.  I
don't think he has lots of room on that server.

I enough people want this in a meeting, we could run a GNOME vs KDE meeting
with each side trying to one-up the other.  But only if enough people want
it.

Michael