[ale] Slackware to drop Gnome?

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Oct 13 12:14:36 EDT 2004

"Christopher R. Curzio" <ale at accipiter.org> writes:

> > KDE has always seemed a little too homophobic for my taste, which is why
> > I've always been more partial to GNOME.
>
> Wait... what?

I think perhaps Robert meant "heterophobic" -- as in, KDE is in its own
little insular world, and has little interest in playing well with others.
(I have no idea if that's true or not; mostly I use Gnome or plain ol'
X with IceWM or XFCE).

Cheers,

-- Joe

> Thus Spake Robert Heaven <robertheaven at earthlink.net>:
> Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:54:19 -0400
>

> > The one reason that I don't like KDE is: Everything has a "K" in it.
> >
> > KDE has always seemed a little too homophobic for my taste, which is why
> > I've always been more partial to GNOME. Well, that and I just don't like
> > K(rap)Mail.
> >
> > I'm hoping Novell will exert enough influence to bring things a little
> > closer together. The only thing Red Hat ever did was push things further
> > apart.

> > > Well, it may be that I've been using gnome so long and don't spend the
> > >
> > > time to learn kde.  I don't like the 'forever' splash startup it has.
> > > I know gnome has the same now, but I don't use the whole gnome, just
> > > the parts I want.  That may be what I like about it, then again, maybe
> > > you can do that with kde, I don't know.

"We sat and watched as this whole       <-- (Died Pretty -- "Springenfall")
 blue sky turned to black..."
... Re-defeat Bush in '04.
--
pub  1024D/BA496D2B 2004-05-14 Joseph A Knapka
     Key fingerprint = 3BA2 FE72 3CBA D4C2 21E4  C9B4 3230 94D7 BA49 6D2B