[ale] ADSL filters?

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Tue Oct 12 12:34:04 EDT 2004

No, but I've wondered if there is a way to put the filter somewhere near
the junction box  and run a separate line to the ADSL jack. It seems a
bit kludgy to have to put filters on all the lines save one. Does anyone
know if that would work?

Thanks,

Josh

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 12:20, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> If you're running ADSL broadband, where do you put the filter?
>
> Right now, I have my broadband connection plugged into a semi-random
> phone line in my house, with a filter and a handset on the other plug of
> the filter. Voice performance is so poor that my wife is unplugging the
> DSL connection, thus leading to much wacky hilarity.
>
> SpeedFactory says the ADSL phone cable and filter should  be upstream of
> _all_ my voice handsets. This sounds reasonable. Anyone else having
> similar Troubles?
>
> -- CHS

Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access