[ale] Google has a special Linux search page

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Oct 12 10:06:47 EDT 2004

james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
> Yep. It has been there since day one.
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 09:12:55AM -0400, Keith R. Watson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was poking around on Google and found that they have a "special
>> searches" page.
>>
>> http://www.google.com/options/specialsearches.html
>>

>> I was surprised to see that they have a site just for doing Linux
>> searches.
>>
>> http://www.google.com/linux

another feature you may / may not know about is searching a specific site for your information.  if i wanted to search ale.org for "nitwits" i would type it in the search area like this:

ale.org: nitwits

and then it would give me the results for the search as such:

Estimated Total Results Number = 0

(YAY! I didn't make the listing!)

I use this feature _heavily_ when researching things like "debian thin client" (debian.org: thin client).

--
Preston