[ale] More Lockups

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Oct 10 08:13:01 EDT 2004

On Saturday 09 October 2004 10:06, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 09:27, David Corbin wrote:
> > How can I verify that the APIC stuff is "turned off" in my kernel?  Is
> > there a /proc indication?
>
> add this "apic=off" to your lilo/grub boot command line, then after boot
> "dmesg | grep -i apic"
>
> hth.

"dmesg | grep -i apic" yields nothing, wihtout adding apic=off to my boot
command line, so I assume I have successfully disabled it in my kernel.

One other thing: I do have an NVIDIA card (w/ the latest drivers).  The card
is old, and DOES have a known problem, in that sometimes a small region on
the screen gets funny tints.  I do plan on replacing this, anyway, but does
anyone think this would be the cause ?

David