[ale] C with ed

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 7 17:56:41 EDT 2004

JT,

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 09:00, John Trostel wrote:
> /me raises his hand too ;)
>
> Geoffrey wrote:
> >John P. Healey wrote:
> >> ed is the standard editor.
> >
> >I seriously knew a guy who wrote C with ed.  circa 1988..

	I was doing it circa 1981.  Lemme tell ya, you haven't lived until you
embed a backspace into C source.  The compiler complains, but you list
the line, and it's looks fine!  Ed, you made life interesting....

	Of course you know that an ancient Chinese curse went "May you live in
interesting times...."

Danny