[ale] RAID

George Johnson gljay1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:23:55 EDT 2004

I used to work for MTI.  We had some old SCSI RAID boxes at places
like Cingular.  We had a special utility that we scheduled to run
about once a week during low usage periods as a consistancy check.  It
would correct small errors as they came up and the systems never
needed to come down.  I am not sure if there is anything for LINUX
like that.  I would run fsck on it once a month or something to see if
that corrected it, that is after you get it back up and running.

How many drives are involved?   Maybe one of them is acting up and
needs to be replaced.  I have seen minor problems with drives knock
the whole array off line at times even though just that drive should
come down and leave the rest of the array in degraded mode.

gj