[ale] RAID1

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Oct 4 18:43:44 EDT 2004

You may need a boot floppy to get  back in.

At any rate, replace the  dead HD with another the same size (for
sanity) and boot from a Knoppix disk. Set up the new drive with the same
partitions as before.

The hdb2 partition should have everything you need to run the system.
You will likely be able to get the system up and running if you replace
the dead drive and make it hdb and the working drives gets moved to hda.

As long as the partitions are already made, the md system will rebuild
the raid.

Idea number 2. dd the hdb2 -> hda2 from a knoppix disk. You will still
need to run grub to install the mbr stuff.