[ale] OT: unformat for fat

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 1 14:44:26 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 03:34 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Anyone know of an app that will unformat a fat partition in order
> to recover the files that were on the partition prior to the idiot
> formatting it???

Once upon a time, I repartitioned two FAT partitions into one Ext2
partition.  Then I realized what I had done--and I had a ton onf
scanned photos on the two FAT partitions.  "Get Data
Back" (proprietary) for Windows0x recovered virtually all the files.
Some were lost--I think during the repartitioning process.

My son used the same program for Win Nt to recover two large external
hard disks that had gotten messed up.  I don't know any details as to
completeness.

Zeb