[ale] OT: unformat for fat

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Oct 1 12:09:11 EDT 2004

Geoffrey wrote:
> Preston Boyington wrote:
>> Geoffrey wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of an app that will unformat a fat partition in order to
>>> recover the files that were on the partition prior to the idiot
>>> formatting it???
>>

>> so why did you format it?
>>
>> ;-)
>
> because I'm an idiot...
>
> Actually, it was someone else in the family who was 'playing' with the
> digital camera and trashed the memstick that was in it. :(

I know of Tiramisu (think it is from Ontrack) and there are several listed at:
http://www.handyarchive.com/free/unformat/
but they are windows centric (Flash File Recovery looks interesting)

I have other tool links at my house, but this may help on short notice.

you still have that dual-boot system handy?