[ale] Introduction

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 30 23:30:09 EST 2004

Jason,
Welcome to the ALE group!

Geoffrey is only saying come to the NW meeting because he is running
it!!!! :-)

It is usually a good meeting and you can meet people there that can't go
to the Central or NE meeting.  You'll probably have to figure out which
meeting is closer and geared more toward your interests.  I've left the
Atlanta area and moved to Greensboro, NC.  I've ended up really enjoying
the move away from traffic.  There isn't any traffic up to the speak of
compared to Atlanta.

Since your working for Earthlink you may find some strong opinions for
and against on the list. ;-)
I kept my Earthlink account in the move because of the webmail and spam
control options.  I opted for a cable and have a very solid connection
now.  Well, I hope you enjoy the Atlanta area and I am glad you found
ALE, as this is a great group of people.  There are some real solid
gurus on the list so just about any Linux topic is worth posting about
and any question is worth asking.  Make yourself welcome,
Dow