[ale] december NW ALE meeting

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Nov 29 19:02:47 EST 2004

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Monday 29 November 2004 10:32 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Is there any interest in having a December NW meeting?  It would be the
>>16th, the week before Christmas.  I was thinking of doing a presentation
>>on how to create a multi-boot system or a demo of the Enlightenment
>>window manager.  I could also demo the Release 2 of the Sun Java Desktop
>>system.
>

> Yes, multi-boot sounds good. Will still try to make it for either of the
> other two choices too.

So, I'm thinking of demostrating an install of Linux on a laptop that
currently has Windows eXcrement Pile.  The target is to have a 4 way
boot by the end of the night.  Windows eXcrement Pile, SuSE 9.2,
Mandrake 10.1 Official and Sun Java Desktop Release 2.  If 10 or more
folks show up, I'll have a drawing for the winners choice of a full
version of Sun Java Desktop Release 2 (requires registration and $$ to
update it though) or a dvd of Mandrake 10.1 Official.  If 15 or more
folks show up, I'll up to two drawings up for graps will be the Sun JDS
and/or MDK 10.1 Official DVD.  I only have one copy of the Sun JDS, but
I'll bring two copies of the MDK 10.1 Official.

BUT!  I need to see more interest...  Let me know folks, I might throw
in an ALE/LISA T-shirt if enough folks show up.

--
Until later, Geoffrey