[ale] launch programs over ssh into session?

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Nov 22 13:44:00 EST 2004

Dow,

The commercial SSH still works fine on Linux and usually plays well.  I
use it exclusively on my desktop, laptop, and firewall systems.

To ssh from a commercial SSH client (from ssh.com and which is open source
on Linux) to an OpenSSH server, do:

     ssh -o 'AllowedAuthentications password'

Going the other direction can require some fiddling and scp sometimes is
cranky, requiring something like:

     ssh -t foobar.com "dd of=foo.tar.gz" < foo.tar.gz

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"