[ale] Q: Simple calendar formatter wanted

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Nov 22 10:11:15 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 10:04, John Mills wrote:
> ALErs -
>
> Could anyone suggest a tool to format a calendar page in a "box-per-day"
> style like a one-month wall caledar, so I could type activities in the day
> blanks? Seems like I got something like this out of emacs once (where
> else?), but I don't re-find it. Anything similar would be fine.
>
> I looked at 'ical', but the "page-per-day" view doesn't show what I want.

I'm confused.  Do you just want an online calender, or to print out a
month calendar.

In either case, the kde calendar korganizer, comes to mind.  You can
display a day, week, or month at a time, enter appointments, etc.  You
can also print each of those formats.  I'm sure GNOME has a comparable
products.

Emacs does indeed have a nice calendar.  I haven't used it in years,
though.

Michael