[ale] Q: Simple calendar formatter wanted

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.2y.net
Sun Nov 21 11:00:57 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 10:04:04AM -0500, John Mills wrote:
> ALErs -
>
> Could anyone suggest a tool to format a calendar page in a "box-per-day"
> style like a one-month wall caledar, so I could type activities in the day
> blanks? Seems like I got something like this out of emacs once (where
> else?), but I don't re-find it. Anything similar would be fine.
>
> I looked at 'ical', but the "page-per-day" view doesn't show what I want.

The remind program by David Skoll does this beautifully, as well as
many other things.  Google for 'remind David Skoll'.

sophisticated date calculation, moon phases, sunrise/sunset, Hebrew
calendar, alarms, PostScript output, X-Windows front-end, multilingual
messages, and proper handling of holidays. Available for UNIX, MS-DOS,
OS/2, and other platforms. (from rpm description)

The latest version is  remind-3.0.22.tgz

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.2y.net    (828) 696-8646;  fax (828) 694-1037