[ale] cron mail messages

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sat Nov 20 17:28:26 EST 2004

Ok, I have a couple cron jobs that run quite often.  Is there some way to get
this NOT to mail my mailbox every time it completes? I really, really, really
don't want my mailbox chock full of "job completed" emails.

Also, does anyone know how to get fetchmail to check an account every five
minutes and dump the mail to my mailbox?  I have a pop3 account that I'm
using fetchmail to download the mail from, put it in my server, and give me
imap access to (easier for me to access and manage as imap).

Unfortunately, the -d command on fetchmail didnt seem to work.  Right now as a
hack I have a cronjob running every five minutes to run this:

fetchmail -v -f '/home/jay/.fetchmailrc' pop.mailserver.com

when I added fetchmail -v -d 150 -f '/home/jay/.fetchmailrc' pop.toughguy.net
it didnt collect my mail.  According to the man page, -d means run in daemon
mode and check mail every n seconds.  What did i miss?

-Jay