[ale] Slide Show Software[OT]

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sat Nov 20 17:13:22 EST 2004

I'm looking for a recommendation for slide show software.  I don't mean JUST a
program that takes a bunch of jpegs and shows them one after another.  My
mother (and her friend) has a whole bunch (I'd guess 50) of slide shows (the
traditiional type, with color positive films in little cardboard frames) that
are set to music.  The audio recording has some type (inaudiable) of signal
on it that drives the two slide projectors to "change".

My mother and her partner have finally decided to "digitize" the shows.  She
has the slide-scanner, and I'm sure I can hook up the audio and record that.
But I'd like to find a piece of software that has the necessary features for
her.

Necessary Features:
1) Support Audio w/show
2) Many transition choices
3) Windows compatible for creation
4) Freely distribituable player or really pervasive format
5) Really easy to use (my mother gets by on the computer, but a geek she's
not).

Nice to have Features:
1) Open Source
2) Automatically detects existing audio "change" signal (not sure what it is)

Anybody have any experience with such?

David