[ale] launch programs over ssh into session?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 19:45:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 17:16 -0500, Jay Loden wrote:
> I have some machines I have ssh access to (e.g. my mother's machine).  I was
> wondering if there is anyway I could, for example, do something like launch a
> browser window (let's say konqueror, for example) and have it show up in her
> session.

One thing that is not clear in your description is where you would
launch konqueror from.  Do you want to ssh into your mother's machine
and launch konqueror from there and display it there?  Or do you want to
launch konqueror on your local machine and display it on another machine
over a secure connection?

-Jim P.