[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Thu Nov 18 11:53:38 EST 2004

Well, to get your machine running wireless under Linux, the best way I've
found is simply to buy a wireless card that is supported really well by
Linux.

Personally I use a netgear MA311 card in my desktop, and it has "just worked"
under every version of Linux I've tried, including SUSE 9.1.  I suggest
rather  than pulling your hair out to get any old card working, just get a
card off ebay that you know will work right off the bat.

Netgear actually provides linux drivers for a lot of their products, also.  If
you get an older card that has a "Prism 2" chipset, you're almost guaranteed
it will work.

-Jay