[ale] text to speech on Linux?

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 15 13:26:25 EST 2004

Has IBM released again the via-voice software developers stuff for Linux?  What is available at all for voice recognition?  I know festival works fine since Geoffrey uses it in production for caller id and fax announcements.  He might be able to provide some of the scripting needed to pipe from one app to another.  I would like voice recognition under Linux integrated with KDE and OO.  ;-)
Dow