[ale] OT: Court tomorrow

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Mon Nov 15 08:59:05 EST 2004

I can  verify that.
Two years ago I was on a intersection, merging to a freeway.
The driver in front of me and myself made a complete stop waiting for
traffic to clear so we could merge.
The car in front of me "took off" and I followed  behind it.
The other driver *suddenly* hit the brakes thinking she would not have
enough
room/speed/etc. to complete the merge and I hit her.

ALL of that was acknowledge by the other driver and myself in court but
it seemed that the judge did not hear a single sentence . All the Judge
kept
saying was that I should have (a) waited for the other driver to complete
the merge or (b) given more distance between the cars.

The hammer came down hard; my checking account got $150.00 poorer,
I "earned" points on my MVR and, my insurance went up a little for
having to pay for both car repairs. :-(

Sergio

--
  ?v?          Sergio Chaves            ?v?
 /(_)\       www.turbocorp.com         /(_)\