[ale] ALE booth at LISA

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 02:43:16 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 00:39 -0500, Mike Murphy wrote:
> there would be little to stop GWCC from employing a bunch of dudes,
> with greencards or US citizenship, of course (wink-nod), willing to
> do it for minimum wage.

or even less, knowing that if they are not legal citizens they probably
won't have any recourse.  I by no means am a friend of unions, but I do
understand the dynamics.  $30 here and there, plus booth rental, is not
much to pay in the grand scheme of things.  We are getting heating
and/or air-conditioning, lighting, 24 hour security, and convenience
plus a venue with an interested audience, not to mention plenty of stuff
thats interesting to us.

I'll be stopping by, I'd officially volunteer, but I have no idea yet as
to when I will be there.

-Jim P.