[ale] Distro question...

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Thu Nov 11 17:02:30 EST 2004

That's a very good point, Jonathan!  My only concern is that Redhat
doesn't offer support for RH9 any longer, and there's a possibility that
the support through Fedoralegacy.org will eventually be discontinued.  I
don't want to be the situation I was (until last November) where I have
an outdated Distro (RH 6.2) with no easy update path.  (I purged and
went to RH9 because the server got compromised.)

The main reason I stuck with RH was because it's comfortable &
familiar.  (Hence why I'm considering the Fedora Core/Enterprise path)
But as I value the thoughts & opinions of the folks on this list, I
wanted to see if (for the specific purpose I am envisioning) there is a
better alternative. :)

Cheers!
Jay