[ale] Re:

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Nov 10 15:48:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:36, Geoffrey wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > I think there's a bunch of linux geeks stuck at work with Windblow$
> > machines getting virus hits.
> >
> > Now if Chris wanted to be good little nazi admin, he would drop the
> > accounts of anyone who posted with a virus payload (after publicly
> > smaking them around a bit, of course :).
>
> Then you've not considered the fact that the email addresses are
> spoofed.  Check the headers.
I _am_ aware of the full extent of the problem. There is so much of it I
don't even bother any more. The virus laden emails get caught by
MailScanner/f-prot and are discarded on this end without me even caring
a whit what possible usable content there might have been.

What I _do_ find interesting is emails supposedly _from_ and ale member
to the ale list. That requires more knowledge of who and what than just
the typical, dumb email virus. In my mind, that implies that an ale
members machine has become either a spam-bot or a victim of a email
virus.

Headers?! We don't need no steenking headers!

;)

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>