[ale] Debian's speed

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Wed Nov 10 12:33:45 EST 2004

 wrote:
> Debian craps its pants every time I try and put it on my laptop, so I
> gave up ad went Fedora.  I just upped to FC3 Final yesterday,
> and WOW!!!
> is it faster or what?
>
> I can't believe how much faster it is than FC2.  Any guesses
> as to why?
>
> --Jerald
>

> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:58 -0500, Brandon Colbert wrote:
>> Wow!! Debian is faster than Mandrake/Redhat/Fedora. It is great for
>> low memory machines. I'm switching.
>>
>> Thanks dudes! I will order the book today.

what laptop and which install process are you using?  I recently had problems with an old Gateway 1150 (?) while installing Sarge and wound up using Lilo instead of Grub as my boot manager.  I haven't had time (nor desire really) to figure out why lilo worked when grub didn't, but my friend is very happy with his Debian laptop (which is what matters).

after getting more involved with debian i honestly don't think i will jump to another distro for my personal needs.

-
Preston