[ale] Way OT: X-ray glasses

Anonymous bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Nov 10 02:14:13 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:29:51PM -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Hmm. That should go over real well with the folks that have body
> piercings under their clothes :)  Actually, they may like the attention.

> Along a similar line, I saw an article a while back advising adult
> travelers to not take with them their battery powered "toys", especially
> the silicone ones, as they look like explosives on X-ray.
Must be annoying for those with silicone implants.

Ma'am, are those real?
SMACK!

Btw, the guy at the Denver Airport did, from the X-ray image, determine
that my bag contained two six-packs of bottles of Microbrew.  I was
rather concerned, especially when he looked at me and said "You're only
allowed a six pack."  He waited about 5 seconds, smiled, and then asked
me what Microbrew I had and we then chatted briefly.

My next time in the security line at Denver, a guy 5 feet from me
collapsed in an epileptic Grand Mal seizure.  I and some other nearby
passengers provided aid while yelling for a medic or doctor.  Security
came by a few minutes later and moved the barricades so that people
would not have to walk by him.  Eventually someone with some medical
knowledge came by and assisted.  (Yes, really!)

I guess I'd better go to bed before the rest of my brains leak out.

Anonymous