[ale] Its over. Maybe

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 17:14:17 EST 2004

Er, if I may, at the risk of tossing gasoline on a fire...

SAIC is a major contractor to numerous Federal Government agencies,
which are now and at least for the next four long years under the
control of Republican appointees.  You don't have to look very deep to
see on what side SAIC's bread gets buttered.  I consider SAIC as a
corporate entity to be about as independent as Halliburton.

I doubt that SAIC just up and volunteered time and materials to do this
review, implying that I assume someone paid them to do it.  Without
seeing the statement of work on that contract, I don't know just how
constrained they were or how fair and reasonable their study was.

SAIC's also a pretty big outfit and I'm sure they're full of both total
slap-down geniuses and flaming ignoramuses; any idea which crew worked
on this?

- Jeff