[ale] Its over. Maybe

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Thu Nov 4 08:54:30 EST 2004

 wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:32:08AM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 00:14 -0500, Michael Still wrote:
>>> Ok... I need to clear some things up..
>>
>> Thanks Michael, very good in-depth insight.  I would have to say,
>> given Tuesdays reports, that Diebold came out much more accurate
>> than the "scientific" poll takers strategically placed at certain
>> polling stations.
>
> Or, just maybe, the fact that the exit polls were so entirely
> out-of-whack with the 'actual' results suggests that something is
> indeed amiss with the Diebold systems.
>
> --George

or the people polled could have lied to the poll takers like I did.  the exit poll "results" would be a great way to edge your candidate.

reporter: "this candidate" is performing a sweeping victory in all boxes polled.

this leads people that were going to vote for "another candidate" to be dissuaded and typically they don't go to the polls since casting their ballot would (as it is made to appear) be worthless.

I watched it happen during the 2000 election in west Florida (Central time zone) when the media called the election for Gore (west FL panhandle has a large republican crowd).  people literally turned around and left from the voting locations.  seems they didn't take into account the two time zones that Florida has.