[ale] OT: Wire Code

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at theworld.com
Tue Nov 2 02:16:18 EST 2004

>From: Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
>To: ale at ale.org
>Date: 01 Nov 2004 14:55:53 -0500
>Subject: [ale] OT: Wire Code
>
>Getting ready to run cat5e in a new house.  Do I need to run Plenum or
>Shielded

Aside from the very good recommendations of others on this
list and if it's economically feasible for you, I'd suggest
running conduit wherever you *might* want any said cabling,
e.g. the blue plastic stuff we call "smurf pipe" around here.
You could run metal conduit in places where you anticipate
high signal interference.

This will allow you to change the cabling in the future without
it being a Major Pain.  (Been There Done That...)

-kc