[ale] O'Reilly Book Review: Pragmatic Project Automation

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Nov 1 10:45:56 EST 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 10:30 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 22:48, John Wells wrote:
> > Michael D. Hirsch said:
> > > One of the perks of being an ALE member is getting books from O'Reilly
> > > books in exchange for writing a review of the book.  AFAIK, I am the
> > > first ALE member to take advantage of this great opportunity.
> >
> > Ummm...so where do I sign up?
>
> Yeah, what he said. Are these pre-press reviews?

I know I've announced this several times at meetings, but maybe I never put it
on the mailing list.  Sometimes I forget they are not the same set of people.
Sorry.

If you would like to review an O'Reilly book, send me the name and ISBN and
where you want to book delivered.  I'll ask them for it.  There are only two
requirements:
  1. You write a review of the book
  2. You send a copy of the review to O'Reilly.  I don't know if they do
anything with it.

You are also welcome to stand up in one of our meetings and did an oral
report, too, but it isn't required.

Okay, I expect to be flooded with requests, now.  :-)

Michael